CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Morning

We have a storm rolling in from the west. This morning everything is still serene. I'm sitting here in the living room watching the shadows dance across the windows as the sun filters in through the trees. The dogs are barking. They probably saw a squirrel. And the kitten is curled up in a ball on my tummy, which makes it a little hard to type, but she's cuddly and warm.

We need the rain. It has been a very dry late summer. October is knocking at the door. Soon the heat will melt away into crisp cool autumn mornings and the leaves on the trees will display an array of vibrant colors. This is my favorite time of the year.

My family and I went to a football game yesterday afternoon. The first half of the game we fried. There was no cloud cover, it was windy, but no breeze could get to us, and the sun was directly overhead. After halftime the sun went behind us and was blocked by a building. It cooled off and everyone enjoyed the game more. You could tell because the crowd got louder and rowdier.

On Friday my sister, Karen, and I went to the indoor soccer arena and babysat our great-niece and nephew while their parents played soccer. Of course, Valerie was adorable and Kevin was laid back and calm. At one point in the evening Valerie, who is only two years old, looked up at a four year little girl and said, "I'm Valerie. What is your name? I'm two!" We were stunned. What a smart little girl she is!

One of these days I'm going to enroll, pay the money, and join the soccer team. I've played as a sub a couple times and it is so much fun. The last time I subbed I had a clumsy moment, which is not unusual for me! I'm very klutzy. I tore a muscle in my stomach and couldn't play for eight weeks. It's been a lot longer than that, try months and I'm ready to get back out there and play.

Well, the big fat brown cat is now on my lap. The kitten is staring at me. The dogs have stopped barking. Mom is awake. I hope we get the rain that is predicted. I'm ready for cooler weather. The weekend is almost over, so enjoy what's left. Go to church, read the paper, eat a big dinner, watch a football game or do whatever you do on a Sunday. Have a blessed week.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Your blog always makes me smile. I bet you are a really good soccer player. Take care, and have a great week.

Glo said...

Great post...

Denise said...

Visit my blog sweetie, I have something for you.

Sandi said...

pets are so comforting. Mine bring me so much joy. It sounds like yours do too