CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Autumn

I'm so excited that the temperatures are finally dropping. My favorite season is autumn. This is the time of the year when summer’s hot fury comes to an end. We are greeted each morning with a cool, crisp kiss of fresh air. Our trees finally show their true colors and we are blessed with nature’s bounty of freshly harvested produce. All the flavors and colors of the season become richer and we are allowed to enjoy the sensations of the changing season. With this change comes the pleasures football, campfires, apples and pumpkins, and cozy sweaters. We open our doors and windows to enjoy the cooler weather. We curl up on the couch with a fuzzy blanket and wrap ourselves in the warmth of the new season. We invite friends and family over for soups, chillis or hot apple pies. We take country drives to see the foliage and enjoy the crisp breeze on our faces. We warm our hands up with cups of hot chocolate and coffee. Our children come home from school smelling of sharpened pencils, chalk, and sweat and it brings to mind our old school days. They talk of old friends and the new friends they have made. We take long walks and catch up with old friends. We enjoy the outdoors and bring part of it with us when we come home. We make fun fall crafts with leaves and acorns, pick pumpkins to put by our doorsteps, and place scarecrows in our front yards. Fall is definitely a fun season to be enjoyed by all.

6 comments:

Caregiver's Diary said...

I LOVE autumn too!! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!! I love cool days!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I forgot I hacked into your post to spell fury right! Karen called from work and said you had furry on your post so I came in here and fixed it!! Love, Mom

Melanie said...

I also love autumn- most definitely my favorite time of the year!

Glo said...

I loved this one.....When did you say the chili,soup and pie would be ready....Time /day??? hee hee It made me hungryjust reading...

Robin said...

You paint a beautiful picture of a glorious season!

Denise said...

Such a beautiful post, really enjoyed it.