CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Vacation is just two days away!

Nancy loves to sing. So, do I. She listens to her headphones and constantly belts out her favorite tunes at the top of her lungs. So, for the vacation I am mixing songs on CDs about the major towns we will be visiting. On the way to Memphis, I have Elvis, blues and country tunes. Then on the way to New Orleans I have Cajun and Dixieland Jazz. For the beach I have Island and Beachy songs. Then for the Smokies, I have a compellation of Blue Grass. We will have a sound track for our trip. It will be musical journey.

We also plan on tasting foods famous in the regions we are visiting. Nancy loves to eat. Everything is her favorite! Me, too. When it’s lunch time for me, but Mom and Nancy have already eaten; it’s lunchtime again for Nancy. If anyone eats anything Nancy has to eat, also. So, this is right up Nancy's Alley! Barbeque in Memphis, Beignet’s and Gumbo in New Orleans, Shrimp in Florida, and down home southern cooking in Gatlinburg.



Today,we are having a toenail painting party. We've invited our friends and family (girls, only! sorry boys!) over to get our tootsies beach ready for the vacation. Chick flicks, pizza, and toenail polish will make a great combination for fun. This was all Karen's idea! It was probably a ploy to see that adorable little girl before we leave. That's our great-niece, Valerie. It will be a fun night. Right now, Nancy is packing. Her room is a jumbled mess of flip flops, sunscreen, and beach ware.

4 comments:

Julie said...

came to visit from your mom's site. Glad you started blogging It is a nice way to meet others from all over.
Hope to see you around.
Julie

Melanie said...

I love to eat too- thus my weight problem... and now I am hungry after your post.

It sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned- I love how you've selected music to listen to for the different places you are going. How creative!

Off to find a snack ;)

Glo said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful and Fun trip. Your in our prayers. Take lots of pictures. You knoe special ones.........Like your Momin her new beach wear.

Denise said...

You are so special, and very creative. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Bless you dear one.