CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Flying Frisbees and Diet Sodas

This weekend, it was cool enough outside to take the dog out and play Frisbee. We went to an enormous park and took a gigantic Frisbee. It was bigger than Molly and she looked so funny running with it in her mouth. That’s her favorite game, fetch. My niece, Sarah, came over in her brand new Jeep and picked up Nancy and me. She took us to Sonic and bought everyone huge route 44 drinks. We brought one home for Mom and she spilled it all over the end table, couch, carpet and herself. We got it all cleaned up, but the rest of the day Nancy would say to mom, “Don’t spill.” It didn’t matter what she had in her hands Nancy would tell her not to spill again. She also said, “Gee, Mom, how’d you manage that!”

We are going on vacation at the end of this week. The excitement at our house is palatable. We are getting all the last minute things ready. Although, Nancy was ready to pack a month ago! She can’t wait to see Graceland. She saw it back when she was 16 years old. The other thing Nancy keeps talking about is buying cards.

Nancy loves to give cards. Her favorite thing to do is buying greeting cards and sending them out to everyone. I mean everyone, too. When she meets you for the 1st time she will ask for your address so she can send you a Christmas, Halloween, or Valentine card. Just insert the closest holiday. We have a close family friend who every week sends Nancy a greeting card. Nancy looks forward to getting these every week. It’s truly amazing how she faithfully sends a card to Nancy. It is such a blessing.

6 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hey Kell, I am leaving my first comment of the day on your blog!

I didn't know Molly's frisbee was that big! I guess I forgot!

Melanie said...

Hi- I read your mom's blog and she is just the sweetest lady- so I thought I'd come on over and check our your blog.

You sound like you are quite busy taking care of your mom and sister. What a wonderful caring person you must be!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kelly. I'm Brian Thomas's wife, and I discovered your blog through the comment you left on his running site a few days ago. I see that you like to go geocaching - so do we! Isn't fun and relaxing? Our little son loves it, too.

Glad to meet you. You sound like a very caring and compassionate person.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Kelly, just wanted to stop by and see you blog for myself. i have had a great time visiting and getting to know your mom. You really have a full time job with your caregiving responsibilities. Your job is very hard i know but you love those that you take care of and that is very important.
You have a great blog. i hope your vacation is fun fun fun...but we will be wanting all of that BLOG FODDER when you return...Sandy

Denise said...

You make my heart smile, you are such a sweet blessing. I hope you really enjoy your vacation.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!