CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

The big race!


Dentist day! Nancy and I both had dentist appointments today. She was so nervous! She has a problem with gagging. When the dentist barely touches her lips or teeth she immediately goes into the gag reflex.

Unbeknownst to me, her goal today was to beat me out of the dentist chair. I’m always done before her. Our family is playful and somewhat competitive. She has been doing a better job at brushing her teeth and things where moving fast in her cubicle. She didn’t see me walk by and go out to the waiting room.

When they were finished with her check-up she rushed out into the full room and says, “Where’s Kelly!” My back was to her and I was scrunched down in an oversized cushy chair. “I beat her! Mom, where’s Kelly?” I turned around and said, “Nope! I beat you!” “Ah, man,” she said loudly. But she wasn’t that upset. She had a good report and the dentist gave her lots of chewing gum and tubes of toothpaste. She wanted to know what prizes I got and then we traded toothbrushes. I wanted the green one and she wanted the pink one.

4 comments:

Glo said...

Nancy has to be a very "SPECIAL" person. My cousin worked as a care giver for Special needs people. They would come see me at my job,Donna always ask where's Mike (she really liked my husband)and would show me pictures of her boyfriend ( always had picture's). Then there was Deloris.It was about her birthday Mike ask her what she wanted for her b-day..She said: Hamb.& hot dogs cooked on the grill,what ya gona do about it? We had a birthday party for her with...You guessed it Hamb & hot dogs cook out on the grill.

Sophie - LFA said...

Hi there ... I'm with the Lupus Foundation of America and I came across your blog.

The LFA has recently created a blog and I was wondering if you and I might be able to help promote one another's efforts.

I'd sure love to talk with you. I can be reached at davis@lupus.org

Thanks.

Denise said...

Bless you dear for loving your sister the way you do. I truly admire you, may you be sweetly blessed.

Lazy Daisy said...

Sounds like a fun family. How wonderful to be excited over small occasions. I'm glad Nancy has someone to try to beat.